lundi 29 juin 2015

wizard style application with cdi, ejb and jsp

I am new to Java EE and trying to create a wizard step application using pure Java EE. I have a index servlet that has a button to launch the wizard. I have been reading about the conversationScoped annotation and would like to use it here. Can somebody give me a starting point?

  1. user requests url/index
  2. IndexServlet is called. It display index.jsp with a table. The last column in the table is "launch". It launches the wizard for the given project. It is an "" element with href="wizard?id=#{project.id}" where id will be used to prepopulate wizard with appropriate data for the give instance id
  3. this is where I confused. Does the wizard servlet start a conversation scope that is maintained until the user closes the tab or signs out?
  4. I want to keep current page user is on, next and previous pages at any given time along with the model for the wizard content. Do these go into conversation scope?
  5. Finally, how does the jsp know about model stored in the conversation scope? I am confused with servlet which is requestscope and conversationscope that I want to maintain over multiple requests.

Thank you much !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire