lundi 29 juin 2015

SQL Server connection in Wildfly using JTDS driver

What is the correct way to setup a SQL Server datasource on Widlfly?

I need to access a SQL Server database from my web application which runs on Wildfly.

I have setup the datasource as follows:

<datasource jta="false" jndi-name="java:jboss/db" pool-name="db" enabled="true" use-ccm="false">
    <connection-url>jdbc:jtds:http://sqlserverIP_ADDRESS;instance=SQLEXPRESS;DatabaseName=DB</connection-url>
    <driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
    <driver>jtds-1.3.1.jar</driver>
</datasource>

This works fine except that when the SQL Server is restarted, the connection is lost and the datasource doesn't manage to recreate one. So I get errors like:

Invalid state, the Connection object is closed.

This post suggests adding some validation, so I did this:

<validation>
    <check-valid-connection-sql>SELECT 1</check-valid-connection-sql>
    <validate-on-match>false</validate-on-match>
    <background-validation>false</background-validation>
</validation>

But that does not solve the problem and I still get the same "connection closed" error from time to time.

This other post suggests using a DataSource instead of a Driver, so I have added this to my configuration:

    <datasource-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbcx.JtdsDataSource</datasource-class>

But when I test the connection I get an exception:

java.sql.SQLException: The serverName property has not been set.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbcx.JtdsDataSource.getConnection(JtdsDataSource.java:150)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire